Information Collection and Use
Brill Counseling collects the following personal and sensitive information through detailed intake forms, consultation scheduling requests, and contact forms:
- Demographics (Name, age, sex, race, etc.)
- Contact details (Email address, phone number, mailing address)
- Emergency contact information
- Social, medical, and psychiatric histories
- Insurance and financial information
- Consent for electronic communication (including email and text messages)
- Acknowledgment of service fees
- Reasons for seeking assistance and treatment goals
The information provided is used for the following purposes:
- Appointment setting
- Therapy sessions
- Billing and Insurance claims processing
- Communication regarding services and client support
Data Storage and Security
We ensure the security of your personal data through stringent measures. Information collected via our website is transmitted over HTTPS, received by a HIPAA-compliant email system, and stored on encrypted, secure computer systems. Regular security audits are conducted, to prevent unauthorized access. Access to this information is restricted to authorized Brill Counseling personnel.
Clients have the right to:
- Request access to their personal data
- Correct any inaccuracies in their information
- Delete their data, subject to legal and ethical record-keeping requirements
To exercise these rights, clients may contact us through the provided contact details. Requests are typically addressed within 30 days.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Our website uses Google reCAPTCHA v3 for spam prevention. While we do not track personal data, our hosting service, Siteground, collects anonymized statistics for website maintenance and optimization.
Third-Party Sharing and Confidentiality
Information may be shared with third-party insurance companies for billing. No personal information is shared, sold, or leased to other parties, except as required by law or with explicit client consent. Confidentiality in the therapeutic relationship is paramount, and information is disclosed only in specific circumstances, such as imminent harm to self or others, as dictated by legal and ethical guidelines.
Changes to this policy will be posted on our website. Significant changes will also be communicated directly to current clients through email notifications. We encourage periodic review of this policy.
For privacy-specific concerns or questions about personal information management, please contact us at:
- Website: https://brillcounseling.com/contact-us/
- Phone: 414-906-1445
- Email: Therapist@BrillCounseling.com
Compliance with Laws
Brill Counseling adheres to the HIPAA and relevant state and federal regulations to ensure the privacy of your health information.
Services are intended for individuals 18 years or older. Minors under 18 must involve a parent or legal guardian in the therapy process, in compliance with legal requirements.
Thank you for entrusting Brill Counseling with your care. We prioritize your privacy and the security of your information.